The tail shrinkage is a unique waste product in the extrusion process of aluminum alloy profiles. It is divided into hollow shrinkage tail and annular shrinkage tail. The hollow shrinkage ta..........
The tail shrinkage is a unique waste product in the extrusion process of aluminum alloy profiles. It is divided into hollow shrinkage tail and annular shrinkage tail. The hollow shrinkage tail is due to the oil stain on the extrusion gasket and the squeeze residue remains too little. The hollow supply funnel is formed due to the serious shortage of metal supply; the annular shrinkage is mainly due to the shortage of metal supply in the deformation zone at the end of the extrusion process of the aluminum profile, forcing the lateral turbulence of the metal along the periphery of the extrusion gasket. The edges and side surfaces are cold, and the oily metal is reflowed and wound into the product. The annular shrinkage is generally on the cross section of the tail end of the product, and is mostly continuous or discontinuous ring shape.
The main measures to prevent tailing:
1) Reduce the temperature difference between the aluminum ingot and the tool, or use low temperature extrusion.
2) Ensure that the surface of the ingot is clean and heated evenly.
3) It is forbidden to apply oil on the pressing gasket or wipe the pressing pad with tarpaulin.
4) Improve the surface finish of the mold and the extrusion tube, and clean the extrusion tube in time.
5) Reduce the extrusion speed at the end of the extrusion process.
6) Lubrication extrusion and reverse extrusion.
7) Retain the residual material and cut the tail as required, or increase the thickness of the residual material as appropriate